Create a Yext App in Azure
This guide walks you through the steps to set up a Yext app in Azure. You can also find instructions in Azure’s Quickstart: Add an application to your Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) tenant guide. Note that some steps below in this guide suggest the correct information to enter as it pertains to Yext.
Step 1: Add Yext App in Azure Active Directory
- Log in to the Azure AD portal as a Global Administrator: http://portal.azure.com.
- Click View under Manage Azure Active Directory.
- Click Enterprise applications in the left sidebar.
- Click New application.
- Select Non-gallery application and enter ‘Yext’ as the name for your App.
- Choose 2. Set up single sign on.
- Select SAML as the single-sign on method.
Step 2: Add Identifier (Entity ID) and Assertion Consumer Service URL in your Yext App
- Log into Yext directly with your Yext credentials: https://www.yext.com/users/login.
- Hover over your name in the top right corner and select Account Settings.
- Click SAML Configuration in the sidebar.
- Copy the URLs you see in SAML Configuration Page: Single sign on URL, and Audience URI.
- Return to Azure and enter the URLs from Yext into the Basic SAML Configuration (Identifier and Reply URL fields) boxes.
- Click Save.
Step 3: Add your metadata to Yext
- In Azure, download your Federation Metadata XML under number 3. SAML Signing Certificate.
- Enter your Certificate (found between the <X509Certificate> start and end tags) and your ID Provider URL (found after the SingleSignOnService Location tag) into Yext.
Step 4: Finish configuration steps and test in Azure
- In Azure, under 3. SAML Signing Certificate, select Edit and select Sign SAML response and assertion from the drop-down next to Signing Option.
- Click Save.
- Add Users to your Yext App by clicking Users and groups in the sidebar.
- Click Add User.
- Select the user or users you’d like to add and click Assign to add them to your Yext App.
- Click Single sign-on in the left sidebar.
- Click Test at the bottom of the page to ensure that everything is working. Once you do this, you should be logged in successfully to Yext.