What’s changing and whyIn Fall 2019, Google started accepting over 100 new fields that are specific to hotels. Examples include if you offer free wifi, have a jacuzzi in-suite, or if parking is available. To help you take advantage of this change, we’ve unlocked these new fields in Yext by introducing a new “Hotel” entity type. With this change, Google has deprecated all of the Google My Business Attributes for hotels, and instead expects any hotel-specific values to be sent as part of the new Hotel entity type. Starting April 16, 2020, Yext will deprecate the existing Google My Business Attributes for any entities with Hotel categories. To continue to sync this hotel-specific information to Google, you must convert your Location entities to Hotel entities and populate the new Hotel fields.
What you need to doBetween now and April 16, 2020, convert all of your hotels that are currently stored as Location entities to Hotel entities and update your integrations to populate the new Hotel fields instead of Google My Business Attributes. You should also update your integration to create Hotel entities instead of Location entities for any Hotels you would like to add to Yext.
- Step 1: Enable the new Hotel entity type in Account Settings by navigating to “Manage Entity Types” screen and clicking “Enable” next to “Hotel.”
- Step 2: Convert all of your entities that should be hotels to Hotel entities. Please use extra caution when converting your entity types, as you will not be able to reverse this change.
- In Platform: You can do this by logging into Yext and navigating to Knowledge Manager. For each entity, there is a field in the “Internal Use Only” section called “Entity Type” — select “Hotel” from the dropdown and click “Save.” This can be done individually or in bulk.
- Via API: Set “hotel” instead of “location” in the “EntityType” field to change an entity from Location to Hotel type.
- Note: Before doing this, you may want to use the Entity Export tool to download all of your current Google My Business Attribute values. Once you convert Locations to Hotels, you will lose access to the Google My Business Attribute fields for those entities.
- Step 3: Update the new Hotel entity type fields instead of the Google My Business Attributes for hotels. Please see the mapping below and reference the Knowledge API documentation for field details.
|Keyword ID||GMB Attribute||Hotel Entity Profile Field|
|15033||Airport shuttle||Airport Shuttle|
|15042||Baggage storage||Baggage Storage|
|15106||Beach access||Beach Access|
|15034||Business center||Business Center|
|15101||Car rental||Car Rental|
|15121||Cash-only||Payment Options > Cash|
|15678||Chauffeur service||Private Car Service|
|15117||Checks||Payment Options > Checks|
|15035||Convenience store||Convenience Store|
|15045||Currency exchange||Currency Exchange|
|15320||Doctor onsite||Doctor On Call|
|15032||Dogs allowed||Dogs Allowed|
|15036||Fitness center||Fitness Center|
|15127||Game room||Game Room|
|15102||Gift shop||Gift Shop|
|15763||Good for kids||Kid Friendly|
|15128||Horseback riding||Horseback Riding|
|15046||Hot tub||Hot Tub|
|15054||Pets welcome||Pets allowed|
|15107||Private beach||Private Beach|
|15037||Room service||Room Service|
|15761||Smoke-free property||Smoke Free Property|
|15827||Veteran-Led||Highlights > Veteran-Led|
|15313||Wake-up service||Wake Up Calls|
|15132||Water skiing||Water skiing|
|15038||Wheelchair accessible elevator||Accessibility Details > Accessible elevator|
|15040||Wheelchair accessible parking lot||Accessibility Details > Accessible parking|