At Yext, our goal is to help you manage all the knowledge about your business, wherever that knowledge appears — whether it’s on your listings, on your website, or across your internal systems.
With that goal in mind, we’ve been working on new features that make it easier for you to control your digital knowledge through our APIs.
The Location Cloud API is now the Knowledge API
The knowledge that you need to manage for your business goes beyond location data—it also describes the people, products, and services that make you unique. To reflect this broad set of data, we’ve renamed the Location Cloud API to the Knowledge API.
We’ve released our Live API, along with some new endpoints and functionality in the Knowledge API.
Our Live API provides highly available, low-latency, read-only access to the data that you store in the Yext Knowledge Manager. If your brand has its own custom location-based consumer experiences, like store locators or mobile apps, you can use this API to keep those experiences up to date with the newest information.
Live API v2 offers the following upgrades to v1 (“Live Data API”):
- Advanced filtering in search — You can narrow Location search results by including a filters parameter in your request.
- Geocoding metadata — When your search results include our geocoding metadata, you can create richer and more relevant user experiences. Responses from the Locations: GeoSearch endpoint include the geo object, which contains metadata like latitude, longitude, address, postal code, and the geocode’s level of specificity.
- Bias geocoder — To retrieve more accurate location data, you can provide a latitude, longitude, or search radius in the geocoderBias parameter when searching with the Locations: GeoSearch endpoint. For example, a search for “Paris” without the geocoderBias parameter would return “Paris, France.” If a geocoder bias was provided around the state of Texas, the same search would return “Paris, Texas.”
- Field masking — You can now request that only a subset of fields be returned in the Location object by providing the optional fields parameter.
- Language profiles — If you have created language profiles for your locations, you can request data from an alternate language profile by including the locale parameter in your request.
The Live API is available to our enterprise clients. For access, contact your Account Manager.
More information about the Live API’s features can be found in the Live API documentation.
Google My Business Analytics
We’ve added Google My Business metrics, dimensions, and filters to the Analytics: Create Report endpoint, which allow you to retrieve Analytics data for your locations.
Specifically, you can now see:
- how many times consumers called your business, got driving directions to your business, or visited your website via the links in your Google listings,
- the number of times your Google listings appeared in search results in Google and Google Maps,
- the kinds of search terms consumers used to find you on Google, and
- how many times your business information was viewed in Google Search and Google Maps.
To learn more about retrieving Google My Business Analytics data in your reports, see the Knowledge API documentation.
Having more than one listing for your location on a publisher’s site can confuse and frustrate your customers. These duplicate listings may also keep you from reaching the top positions in local search results.
To help Yext Partners and enterprise clients manage duplicate listings, we’ve added Duplicates endpoints to the PowerListings® endpoint group. By sending requests to these endpoints, Partners and enterprises can:
- view a list of the duplicate listings we’ve found for their locations on the PowerListings® Network,
- request that a duplicate listing be suppressed, and
- submit a suppression request for a duplicate listing they’ve found on their own.
More information about the Duplicate endpoints can be found in the Knowledge API documentation.
Review Generation Settings endpoints
Yext Partners and enterprise clients using our Reviews product are now able to configure their Review Generation settings via the Knowledge API.
The Review Generation Settings endpoints make it possible to:
- customize review balancing settings to address a specific concern,
- adjust the daily limit of review invitations for an account, and
- specify the length of time first-party reviews are quarantined.
To learn more about these endpoints, see the Knowledge API documentation.
Health Check endpoint
You can easily check the status of Yext’s systems by sending a request to the Health Check endpoint. This endpoint requires no authentication.
For more information, see the Knowledge API documentation.
If you would like more information about any of these features, or if you need assistance using them, please contact our API Support team.